The Company has taken the appropriate measures which ensure that processing of your personal data complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the applicable Greek Laws (Law 4624/2019). Especially, Nhmuseum adopts internal policies and implement measures which meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default.
We collect your personal data either directly from you, or through affiliated companies. We collect your data through this Website and / or in other ways (social media, contests, cookies, analytics tools, etc.).
SCOPE AND AIM
(1) ‘personal data’ or ‘data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
(2) ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
(3) ‘data controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the Controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
(4) ‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the Controller;
(5) ‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
(6) ‘recipient’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing;
(7) ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
(8) ‘supervisory authority’ means an independent public authority which is established by a Member State pursuant to Article 51 G.D.P.R.
(9) ‘restriction of processing’ means the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future;
(10) ‘profiling’ means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements;
Website / Nhmuseum: The website www.nhmuseum.gr.
User: The person who browses the Website and uses the Services.
Company: The “HISTORICAL AND ETHNOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF GREECE”
Services: The offered options to Users via the Website.
OUR PRINCIPLES RELATING TO PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At this Website we process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’). We collect your personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. Your data are not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (‘purpose limitation’). Furthermore, your personal data that we process are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’). Your personal data are also accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. We take every reasonable step to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’). Your personal data are kept in a form which permits identification of you for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (‘storage limitation’). Your personal data are processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of them, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND PROCESS - LAWFULNESS OF PROCESSING - PURPOSES - RETENTION PERIOD
We process your personal data when you contact us (e.g. e-mail, fax, social media). We process your personal data collected this way, for contacting you and advising you. We will store your personal data one year from the last time you have contacted us.
Nhmuseum may process your e-mail to send you Newsletters on the basis of your consent. In this case, we will store your e-mail adress for as long as you wish to receive Newsletters from us. Newsletters are free of charge e-mails with advertising content, promotions, events, discounts, special offers, contests etc. You may unsubscribe from our mail list at any time. In this case we will store your e-mail address for ensuring our compliance with your wish to unsubscribe.
We also, collect your Personal Data (profile name, comments, reviews, contact details, messages) you share with us when visiting our pages / profiles / channels on social media platforms (Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / You Tube / Google Maps etc.). This information is processed when you contact us, make a request or interact in another way with us, through our social media pages, so as to respond or communicate with you in any way. Your personal data will be retained for as long as you remain a fan / follower / member / subscriber of our pages / profiles / channels. By using the above-mentioned services (social media) you acknowledge that your interaction (like, comment, message) with our pages / profiles / channels etc. gives us the right to process your personal data on the basis of your consent.
We collect your personal data and your contact details, when you participate in contests, on the basis of your consent. We may collect this information from your social media profile, if you participate in the contest through a social media platform, or from another source if the contest is not hosted on a social media platform. We will process this information in order to run the contest, communicate with the winner and send the gift to him/her. Then we will erase your data, unless there is another (e.g. consent) lawful base for keeping them.
The Company cooperates with advertising / promotional companies, statistical analysis companies, suppliers and service providers who process personal data on our behalf. We disclose to our partners your personal data, solely for the processing purposes referred to in this Policy (lawful base: legitimate interests or consent).
We collect and process your personal data only for legal purposes, as the above mentioned. We may also process your personal data, if processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
We may ask you to give your consent to the processing of personal data relating to you. This may include ticking a box while browsing through different webpages of the Website. Ticking that box, is a clear affirmative action, which is considered as a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your agreement to the processing of your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before your withdrawal.
We will provide you all the information you need to express your prior agreement (consent) to the processing of personal data relating to you, if processing is based on your consent.
We will keep your e-mail address to a separate “unsubscribe list” in case you withdraw your consent for receiving Newsletters from our Company.
If you refuse to disclose your Personal Data to our Company, we will not be able to provide you with some of our Services.
RECIPIENTS & PROCESSORS
We may need to disclose your Personal Data to authorized recipients for (i) the maintenance / repair of our equipment (PCs, servers, hardware) that support the operation of the Website, and (ii) the development of the Website.
Where processing is to be carried out on behalf of the Company, we use only processors providing sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and ensure the protection of your rights.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD COUNTRY
A transfer of personal data to a third country (outside European Economic Area (EEA)) may take place where the Commission has decided that the third country ensures an adequate level of protection. In the absence of a decision, we may transfer personal data to a third country only if the processor has provided appropriate safeguards, and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available. Otherwise, we will transfer your data to a third country only under GDPR conditions (data subject’ s consent, contract, vital interests etc.).
Nhmuseum protects your personal data and always respects your rights and freedoms.
As Data Subject you have the right to be informed on the processing of your personal data, the right of access to your personal data and to information relevant to processing, the right of rectification of your personal data , the right to erasure of your personal data, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object to the processing of your personal data, the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling and the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We take all efforts to facilitate the exercise of Data Subjects’ rights. We will not refuse to act on any request of yours for exercising your rights, which are described above, unless we are not in a position to identify the Data Subject.
We will respond in writing to such requests from you, without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of your request. In this case we will provide you with information on action taken on behalf of your request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
We will communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
Otherwise, if we do not intend to act on your request, we will inform you without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request, of the reasons for not taking action.
Where requests from a data subject are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, the Company may either: (a) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested, or (b) refuse to act on the request.
STORAGE & SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected through Nhmuseum and the e-mails that we receive through the Website, are stored at the Company’s computer systems and at the Website’s server within the European Union, to which only the Company has access. Personal Data are also stored at the collaborating company’s data centers. Your Personal data are generally kept in electronic form.
Our Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by risks appearing in websites of entities advertised in this website or collaborating companies etc., even if users are referred to said websites by hyperlinks, banners etc. placed on Nhmuseum. Liability for the content, information, visitors’ safety and protection of their personal data, as well as the quality of services provided is born solely by owners, managers and administrators of said websites, which users visit at their own risk.